HJUG slides available

  • Sam Joseph
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2005
      Hi All,

      Just wanted to let everyone know that I've finally got all the slides up
      from the last three HJUG meetings, so that's XML-Beans:

      http://hnlc2.ics.hawaii.edu/discourse/ics/interaction/workspaces.php?workspace=5¬e=53

      Java & C#:

      http://hnlc2.ics.hawaii.edu/discourse/ics/interaction/workspaces.php?workspace=5¬e=54

      and Lisp:

      http://hnlc2.ics.hawaii.edu/discourse/ics/interaction/workspaces.php?workspace=5¬e=55

      Sorry that took so long - I'll try and get slides up more promptly in
      future.

      CHEERS> SAM
    • Sam Joseph
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2005
        ************** H J U G * M E E T I N G *****************

        This month's HJUG meeting will take place on Wednesday 30th March from
        6pm to 8pm.

        Check out the new web page:
        http://hnlc2.ics.hawaii.edu/discourse/ics/interaction/workspaces.php?workspace=5

        Join the HJUG community:
        http://hnlc2.ics.hawaii.edu/discourse/ics/home/register.php

        ********** LOCATION INFORMATION **********

        This month's meeting will be held in the POST building, room 302, at the
        University of Hawaii Manoa campus.

        http://www.hawaii.edu/cgi-bin/vtour?Manoa=l=POST

        UoH parking information is here:

        http://www.hawaii.edu/parking/visitorParking.html

        ********** NEW MEETING AGENDA **********

        The meeting's agenda is as follows:

        6:00pm - 6:45pm "J2EE with Spring, Or How I Learned to Love Java Again"
        Main talk by Seth Ladd

        6:45pm - 7:00pm Discussion

        7:15pm - 7:45pm Pattern Workshop - Sam Joseph introduces the "Prototype"
        pattern

        7:45pm - 8:00pm Workshop discussion

        The talk abstracts and speaker biographies are as follows:

        Main Talk Title: J2EE with Spring, Or How I Learned to Love Java Again

        Main Talk Abstract:

        2 Years ago, enterprise java development was in trouble. Today, it is
        thriving. What changed? A shift in thinking, from the complex to the
        simple. From the rigid to the agile. And from the
        heavy to the light weight.

        A key piece of this transition comes from Spring, a light weight IoC
        container for Java. Living peacefully with existing Java technologies
        and APIs, Spring has breathed new life into Java development. Its tenets
        make Java developers happy and productive again.

        Come learn about Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, and how
        Spring can streamline your Java development. We'll also cover some of
        Spring's AOP support, and its integration with mainstream Java
        technologies like Struts and Hibernate. We'll even see some of the
        patterns we've recently discussed reflected in Spring's code.

        If you're programming Java today, you will find something in Spring to
        help you out.

        http://www.springframework.org/

        Main Talk Biography:

        Seth Ladd is the Chief Technical Architect for eHawaii.gov, our state's
        Internet portal. He is in charge of directing the integration and
        implementation of their federation of services. Seth enjoys development
        without the hassle, semantic web technologies, and, of course, Hawaii's
        beautiful weather.

        Pattern Workshop: Prototype Pattern

        Workshop Abstract:

        Specify the kinds of objects to create using a prototypical instance,
        and create new objects by copying this prototype

        http://home.earthlink.net/~huston2/dp/prototype.html
      • Sam Joseph