.......... Honda sl 350 carb bowel repair ...... now Machinery Cleanery Brushes

  • Michael R. Cecchini
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2011
      Exaclty what I did........fine glass beaded the bowls inside ......then hit them with cafb
      cleaner......mixed up the JB and they were good as new the next morning......with no JB showing on
      the outside.

      But those not lucky enough not to have a beading cabinet, I think a good stainless steel end brush
      with bristles on the ends would work nicely........but these kind of brushes are hard to find.

      Here's a set of brushes that I wouldn't be without, now that I've been using them for 3+ yrs. Ever
      try to clean down inside a corroded nasty light bulb socket ? Damn near impossible.......but use
      one of these and it's child's play.

      Cheap they are not.......but considering they work incredibly well and the bristles are all the way
      down the shaft so you can use it for months and cut the shaft back and you have a new
      brush.......they are worth every penny. $95 set.....or you can buy them individually. I bought
      only what I thought I would use.......then after using them I went back and bought the whole set.
      Serious quality........ no bs.

      I'm so confident you will smile every time you use one of these brushes that I will buy yours if you
      don't like it.

      http://www.machinerycleanery.com/

      http://www.machinerycleanery.com/Brush2010.htm

      From: LEE

      Meh, if they don’t leak, its worth it, I think... throw them in the bead blaster and away you go...

      From: Jerry

      Hey Todd,

      Use JB weld & don't tell anyone....LOL
      The $ 40 bowls on Ebay looks like someone is trying to get rich on selling trash.

      From: LEE

      That makes me sad.. jb weld on a motorycle... please go the the link below. k1&k2 use the same
      bowls.. these are not my parts, just ebay parts.... please don’t defile your glorious honda
      motorcycle with jb weld.....*shudder*
      ...... ugggggg, jb weld...........

      *********************************
      From: Michael R. Cecchini

      I used JB weld on several carb bowls. No leaks.

      From: toddtjs1
      To: hondasl350@yahoogroups.com

      found a crack in the overflow tube, any gas in bowel leaks out now, any one have a bowl for left
      carb ? also 8/71 manufacture date but 72 tank and color,natural alum. fenders? late 71 maybe ?
    • todd schaeffer

        From: LEE

        Meh, if they don’t leak, its worth it, I think... throw them in the bead blaster and away you go...

        From: Jerry

        Hey Todd,

        From: Michael R. Cecchini

        I used JB weld on several carb bowls. No leaks.

        From: toddtjs1
        To: hondasl350@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2011

          Yeah..........some over-flow tubes will pull out and can be replaced, but mine was split from the base half-way up the shaft.  What on earth could have done this eludes me........but JB did the trick cause it stays in place while it hardens.

          From: LEE

          Meh, if they don’t leak, its worth it, I think... throw them in the bead blaster and away you go...

          From: Jerry

          Hey Todd,

          From: Michael R. Cecchini

          I used JB weld on several carb bowls. No leaks.

          From: toddtjs1
          To: hondasl350@yahoogroups.com

          found a crack in the overflow tube, any gas in bowel leaks out now, any one have a bowl for left
          carb ? also 8/71 manufacture date but 72 tank and color,natural alum. fenders? late 71 maybe ?

        • pobsquabble
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8, 2011

            Overflow tubes . . . if the crack is part way up the tube, you can always try using heatshrink - particularly the stuff with adhesive inside.

            Neater than JB Weld, although you'd need to make sure the 'shrink will stand up to petrol.