Re: School project

  • xxxtoytech
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2003
      Light shows (with LEDs or now with laser elements from pointers). Use
      CMOS ICs to hardwire logic; you can use a single gate to supply a
      timing signal. Use a ULN2803 for the output to the LEDs (with this IC
      you don't need any resistors, it accepts the output of the CMOS
      directly). The reason I suggest lights is that it gives people
      something to look at, is cheap and you have the opportunity to do
      something unique. CMOS is simple to work with and very simple to
      design with. Uses power from 5 to 18 volts DC so you can run it from
      batteries. The only real electronic calculations you'll have to do is
      to figure out the value of the dropping resistors for the LEDs;
      something that is also simple to do. Take a look at the data sheets
      for the CD4093 and the ULN2803 that I've posted in the "Files"
      section as well as a sketch of a circuit using the CD4093 to combine
      two signals to control two banks of LEDs (one solution to another
      question).

      Regards
      xxxtoytech