How to: Electric Tachometer rig with LED's?

  • must_be_your_computer <wanted_texas_stuf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2003
      How to: Electric Tachometer rig with LED's?

      Basically, what I am wondering/like to do is to
      somehow, rig up
      one or
      more LED's to a stock (ford) electric tachometer.
      From what I understand, an electric tach works like a
      generator
      and
      based off of the amount of current to the tach, the
      tach displays
      the
      rpm's of the engine.
      How would I say 1. hook an LED up to come on at a
      specific RPM and
      or
      2. hook up several LED's to display 5,000-5,500, then
      5,500 and up
      different color?? basically like a drag strip start
      tree
      (christmas
      tree)

      TIA