Re: Battery Charger/12v Regulator/Power controller for a caravan.(Zigg)

  • Chris AKA Junkman <therealjunkman@yahoo.
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2002
      Hi: I don't have any circuts to offer... But I too would like to find
      something like what you need... Only I don't need it to be so
      specific as to brand of vehicle. I only wish to use an alternator OFF
      of a vehicle, with a small air cooled moter as the power, to use for
      charging lead acid "Car" type batteries in an emergency. Converting
      the 3 phase alternating current to DC isn't a problem for me, but a
      regulator of such high current ability IS. Such a wide swing in input
      voltage and current, as well as controling the field of the
      alternator, that's beyond anything I know how to do. A typical
      alternator I can get at a junkyard is capable of anywhere from about
      60 A up to twice that. Most seem to run to about 80 A. My collection
      of LM7812's just won't do!
      Junkman

      --- In home_electronics@yahoogroups.com, "paulnphillipsuk