replace relay with solid state device

  • noelw9@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2001
      I have a car that I tow behind my motor home and wish to make a rear
      light strip to fasten to it. it would echo the turn signals on the
      light bar. In the old days i would have hooked up a 12 volt relay
      activated by the light i was trying to echo. but there must be a
      cooler way to do it with solid state materials.

      with relays i would pick the relay with the light i was echoing and
      it would then activate the relay and pass thru the battery voltage to
      the light on the light bar.

      the basic problem when you add the additional lights to an exhisting
      light load on the towing vehicle it effects the flashing time.

      I would use a single power line to power all the lights. and the
      source of this power would be the front vehicle. (motor home)

      On foreign vehicles - they often use a separate brake light and
      separate turn signal light. On American cars they share the brake
      light and turn signal light. it would be nice if the circuitry would
      handle either system driving the light bar as a combined turn/break
      light.

      thanks for your help
      Noel