Ultrasonic transducer oscillator circuit

  • Nicolae Sfetcu
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2001

      Ultrasonic transducer oscillator circuit

      (From Chris Abbott)

      Allows the transducer to oscillate at its self-resonating point, with no tedious setup.

      As far as I can tell, the circuit will run on 5V-9V.

       +V --o----------o--------------------o-------------o-------o
            |          |                    |             |       |
            |          |     R3            /              |       |
            |          |   +----+       /-C               |       |
            |          o---+ 15K+---o---B | TR1           |       |
            |          |   +----+   |   \-E              /        |
           +++        +++           |       ----o-----B | TR2   =====
           | | 2M2    | | 10K       |        C1 |     \-E         | C2
           | | R1     | | R2        |  D1     =====      \        |
           +++        +++           |   | /|    | 10nF    |       |
            |          |        /---o---|< |----o---------o-------o
            |          |     /-C        | \|                      |
            o----B | TR3        \                                XXX
            |       \            |                                |  Transducer
            o--|< |--o-----------o-------  0V       All transistors 2N3707
               | \|                                 NPN, Emitter at bottom.
              D2  1N4148