Op Amp Radio

  • Nicolae Sfetcu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2001

      Op Amp Radio

      Here is a simple radio that is easy to build and inexpensive. In fact, you probobly have all the parts you need in your junk box. You'll be suprised at the great reception with this little set.

      Schematic

      This is the schematic of the Op Amp Radio

      Parts:

      Part
      Total Qty.
      Description
      Substitutions
      C11Tuning Capacitor
      C210.1uf Disc Capacitor
      R1110 Meg 1/4 W Resistor
      D111N34 Germanium Diode
      U11741 Or Similar Op Amp
      L11"Loopstick" Antenna
      MISC1IC Socket, Crystal Earphone, Wire, Antenna

      Notes:

      1. The antenna can be a piece of wire or a telescoping antenna. 18 inches is a good length for in the city.

      2. The tuning capacitor is a regular broadcast band tuning capacitor. I got mine from a junked AM radio. I got the loopstick antenna from that same radio.

      3. You can change L1 and C1 to recieve different bands (eg. Shortwave). To recieve shortwave, try this: Make L1 30 turns of 30 guage wire wound on a film can and make C1 a 10-365pf capacitor.