Re: [Electronica] room audio

  • sarang t
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
      thanks darrell

      this has given me a start

      sarang

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Darrell Wyatt <n2gpin@...>
      To: home_electronics@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, November 5, 2007 7:48:11 AM
      Subject: RE: [Electronica] room audio

      I've done this very thing, more than once.  I'm not audio expert, and I'm
      not saying you'll win any contests with it.
      I took my system out of my Jeep, and it had it's own speaker boxes,
      amp, etc. and used the 12 volt output of an old computer power supply
      to power it all.  I set it up in my electronics room, and it jams just fine.
      If you want a remote, you have to have a car stereo that uses a
      remote.  They're available.  Otherwise, it's an entirely different thread
      as it involves more than I'm going to cover in this e-mail.
      You will also need an antenna if you want to use the radio.  You can
      probably pick up local stations without it, but it's good to have one.
      As far as woofers, tweeters, etc, just do it simple and get the speakers
      already mounted.  You can even use regular stereo speakers as long as
      the impedance matches the output of your amp / stereo.
      The wattage is completely a matter of your personal goals.  A well-
      matched 50 watt system is plenty loud, but may not get you all the
      cool & hip points when it comes to bragging it up w/ your friends.

      Hope that helps,

      D.

      To: home_electronics@ yahoogroups. com
      From: rang10_2000@ yahoo.com
      Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 00:30:59 -0700
      Subject: [Electronica] room audio

      can any one post how i make a good audio system using my car audio?(with woofer, tweeters, etc?)
      how much wattage is suitable?
      any specific amplifier?
      and also the power source(dont want to use batteries)
      and also, can i add on remote??
      thanks!!

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com