room audio

  • sarang t
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2007
      can any one post how i make a good audio system using my car audio?(with woofer, tweeters, etc?)
      how much wattage is suitable?
      any specific amplifier?
      and also the power source(dont want to use batteries)
      and also, can i add on remote??
      thanks!!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Darrell Wyatt
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2007
        I've done this very thing, more than once.  I'm not audio expert, and I'm
        not saying you'll win any contests with it.
        I took my system out of my Jeep, and it had it's own speaker boxes,
        amp, etc. and used the 12 volt output of an old computer power supply
        to power it all.  I set it up in my electronics room, and it jams just fine.
        If you want a remote, you have to have a car stereo that uses a
        remote.  They're available.  Otherwise, it's an entirely different thread
        as it involves more than I'm going to cover in this e-mail.
        You will also need an antenna if you want to use the radio.  You can
        probably pick up local stations without it, but it's good to have one.
        As far as woofers, tweeters, etc, just do it simple and get the speakers
        already mounted.  You can even use regular stereo speakers as long as
        the impedance matches the output of your amp / stereo.
        The wattage is completely a matter of your personal goals.  A well-
        matched 50 watt system is plenty loud, but may not get you all the
        cool & hip points when it comes to bragging it up w/ your friends.

        Hope that helps,

        D.

        To: home_electronics@yahoogroups.com
        From: rang10_2000@...
        Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 00:30:59 -0700
        Subject: [Electronica] room audio

        can any one post how i make a good audio system using my car audio?(with woofer, tweeters, etc?)
        how much wattage is suitable?
        any specific amplifier?
        and also the power source(dont want to use batteries)
        and also, can i add on remote??
        thanks!!

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com