HISTORY CHANNEL SHOW on ELECTRONICS--REQUEST

  • violetgrifter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      Hi Group,

      I have a request for some suggestions for a show I am producing and I
      know there are some brilliant minds in this group. :)

      Perpetual Motion Films is a television documentary production company
      in Los Angeles that has produced over 100 hours of quality programming
      for A&E and the History Channel. Currently, we are producing a 13-hour
      Hi-Definition series for the History Channel entitled "BONEYARD: The
      Secret Life of Machines." In this series, we follow the after-life of
      some of our greatest achievements in manufacturing, design,
      engineering and construction.

      I am looking for suggestions for our ELECTRONICS segment.

      We have computers and batteries and refrigerators covered. One is a
      recycling story and another is how discarded computer motherboards
      arechopped up and all the gold taken out and sold to high-profile
      Jewelers. The battery story is metals taken out of used batteries and
      then transformed into stainless steel surgical instruments. Also we
      have AUTOS and AIRCRAFT covered as well.

      Any interesting recycling being done with cell phones, old cord
      phones, copper from any machine, old TV's, Transistor Radios. Any
      outdated machine or appliance OR any interesting electrical appliance
      that was popular at one time but has since gone to it's grave for one
      reason or another or any thing new that has older parts in it or
      something that is an offshoot of something in an electronic boneyard
      or has been completely transformed.

      Here are the idea rules-- A Boneyard is:

      1.Something that DIES, never to return--relegated to the Boneyard

      2.Something destroyed, abandoned in the Boneyard, taken out and then
      completely transformed into something else.

      3.Something destroyed, abandoned in the Boneyard, taken out and
      RESTORED to it's former glory.

      NO ART

      Must be a story of significance!

      Please e-mail me at maddietrich@...

      Many thanks for any thoughts in advance,

      Michelle Sullivan
      Perpetual Motion Films
      Los Angeles, CA