Battery Charging Circuit

  • dbuser2
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2006
      I'm considering replacing a recoil type small engine with an electric
      start engine with a built-in 3 amp alternator. Is there some kind of
      diode or rectifier circuit to allow the engine to charge a small
      lawnmower type battery? The engine has a start switch and solenoid. The
      start switch has an "off" "run" and "start" position. The battery will
      only be charging when the switch is in the "run" position. The charging
      circuit will only need to stop charging when the voltage is around 13.8
      to 14 VDC so it doesn't overcharge.
    • harrabylad
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2007
        You could use a diode as a simple rectifier but I would recommend
        using a voltage regulator to stop overcharging the battery.

        http://www.ckp-railways.talktalk.net/pcbcad21.htm

        --- In home_electronics@yahoogroups.com, "dbuser2" <bawestbrook@...>