[Electronica] Re: microprocessors

  • lexrageorge
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24 7:10 PM
      Hi,

      A latch will be either transparent or "latched" based on the value
      of its enable signal. When enabled, the latch is transparent; the Q
      output will equal the value of the D input. When the enable is
      inactive, the Q output will not change, even if D changes. Since
      the value (1 or 0) of the enable signal determines the output, the
      latch is said to be level sensitive.

      A typical D flip-flop operates similarly, except that the Q output
      changes only when the enable changes state, typically the transition
      from 0 to 1. Since the output can only change upon the 0-to-1 edge
      of the enable (or, more appropriately, clock) input, such a device
      is said to be edge triggered.

      A D flip-flop is logically equivalent to 2 D latches, with the Q
      of the first latch connected to the D of the second latch. The
      first latch is transparent when the clock input is low. The second
      latch is transparent when the clock is high. Changes to the output
      of the 2nd latch (the Q output of the flip-flop) can only occur when
      the clock goes from low to high.

      --- In home_electronics@yahoogroups.com, Bali Reddy Balineni
      <friendsforbalu@...> wrote:

      > hi friends.
      > what is the main difference b/w a latch and flipflop.
      >

      > harrabylad <harrabylad@...> wrote:
      > A processor control instruction is a code held in memory
      telling the
      > microprocessor what to do next.
      >
      > Silicon transistors are almost exclusively used these days.
      > Some of the first transistors were germanium.
      >
      > BF195 is just a number to identify the transistor.
      > Sometimes the last letter can denote a slightly different model of
      > transistor like bc108 and bc108c.
      >
      > --- In home_electronics@yahoogroups.com, "sadhana_svks"
      > <sadhana_svks@> wrote:
      > >
      > > what is a processor control instruction? what is the difference
      > > between a germanium and silicon transistor? how can we find
      > whether
      > > the transistor we use is made of Ge or Si? what does the perfix
      in
      > the
      > > name BF195 stand for?
      > > friends kindly help me with the answers. great to be with all
      > > electronic geniuses like you.
      > > expecting replies

      30+ countries) for 2ยข/min or less.