Re: [Electronica] Re: microprocessors

  • np np
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2006
      I would suggest they are the same thing.
      There are different types of flip flops like d-type and JK.

      Bali Reddy Balineni <friendsforbalu@...> wrote:
      hi friends.
      what is the main difference b/w    a latch and flipflop.

      harrabylad <harrabylad@yahoo. co.uk> wrote:
      A processor control instruction is a code held in memory telling the
      microprocessor what to do next.

      Silicon transistors are almost exclusively used these days.
      Some of the first transistors were germanium.

      BF195 is just a number to identify the transistor.
      Sometimes the last letter can denote a slightly different model of
      transistor like bc108 and bc108c.

      --- In home_electronics@ yahoogroups. com, "sadhana_svks"
      <sadhana_svks@ ...> wrote:

      > what is a processor control instruction? what is the difference
      > between a germanium and silicon transistor? how can we find
      whether
      > the transistor we use is made of Ge or Si? what does the perfix in
      the
      > name BF195 stand for?
      > friends kindly help me with the answers. great to be with all
      > electronic geniuses like you.
      > expecting replies

    • lexrageorge
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 24, 2006
        Hi,

        A latch will be either transparent or "latched" based on the value
        of its enable signal. When enabled, the latch is transparent; the Q
        output will equal the value of the D input. When the enable is
        inactive, the Q output will not change, even if D changes. Since
        the value (1 or 0) of the enable signal determines the output, the
        latch is said to be level sensitive.

        A typical D flip-flop operates similarly, except that the Q output
        changes only when the enable changes state, typically the transition
        from 0 to 1. Since the output can only change upon the 0-to-1 edge
        of the enable (or, more appropriately, clock) input, such a device
        is said to be edge triggered.

        A D flip-flop is logically equivalent to 2 D latches, with the Q
        of the first latch connected to the D of the second latch. The
        first latch is transparent when the clock input is low. The second
        latch is transparent when the clock is high. Changes to the output
        of the 2nd latch (the Q output of the flip-flop) can only occur when
        the clock goes from low to high.

        --- In home_electronics@yahoogroups.com, Bali Reddy Balineni
        <friendsforbalu@...> wrote:

        > hi friends.
        > what is the main difference b/w a latch and flipflop.
        >

        > harrabylad <harrabylad@...> wrote:
        > A processor control instruction is a code held in memory
        telling the
        > microprocessor what to do next.
        >
        > Silicon transistors are almost exclusively used these days.
        > Some of the first transistors were germanium.
        >
        > BF195 is just a number to identify the transistor.
        > Sometimes the last letter can denote a slightly different model of
        > transistor like bc108 and bc108c.
        >
        > --- In home_electronics@yahoogroups.com, "sadhana_svks"
        > <sadhana_svks@> wrote:
        > >
        > > what is a processor control instruction? what is the difference
        > > between a germanium and silicon transistor? how can we find
        > whether
        > > the transistor we use is made of Ge or Si? what does the perfix
        in
        > the
        > > name BF195 stand for?
        > > friends kindly help me with the answers. great to be with all
        > > electronic geniuses like you.
        > > expecting replies

        30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.