Function generator?

  • Jeff Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2006
      Hi, I'm new to the group and have a question. My project would take a 5-
      15v DC power supply with current ranging between about 10mA and a few
      amps but pulse it, in a square wave fashion, anywhere between 1 Hz and
      20+ MHz. If possible, I need to be able to "sweep" through the entire
      range.

      From what little I've been finding on the net, would a function
      generator accomplish this for me or do I need some other piece of
      equipment?

      Thanks,
      Jeff
    • kc5hqh
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2006
        icl 8038 would be a good multifuntion generator ic then
        set up on output a tda7320 or similat audio amplifier

        for drive out surplus car sterio is good supply for amp
        or build pushpull set with pnp npn drivers
        schematics are all over net for basic push pull config