Fuses

  • Riaz Sobrany
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2005
      Where can I find more information about fuses? Are there any good
      books or magazine articles written about fuses and how they work?

      In the UK, fuses can be subdivided in four categories: Industrial;
      domestic mains; miniature; and automotive. Miniature fuses are
      categorised according to how quickly they blow and referred to as
      quick-blow, anti-surge and the like.

      The way fuses blow is likely to be different for different categories
      of the same rating. There are also supposed to be legal restrictions
      regarding the use of fuses in applications.