HI! Newbie Here

  • Amit
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2004
      Hi! All,

      I am a production engineer by Qualification and though my room
      partners in college were from the electronics field my knowledge in
      electronics is purely theoritical and quite limited.

      I would like to have some idea about the design procedure for
      control circuits i.e starting from Gathering user requirements etc.

      Lots of time we know how somebody else is achieving a particular
      functionality through his design and we end up tweaking that
      circuit. But Lets say if we have to design a circuit from scratch
      taking into account the user requirements then how would we do it.
      Also wht would be the different types of safeties that would need to
      be taken into account while designing.( Like overload, Single phase
      preventing Etc)

      what are differences between a Relay logic based ctrl circuit and
      microprocessor based one. wht characterstics of the application
      should be taken into account before selecting between the two.?

      Thanks and Regards
      Amit