Electric is a sophisticated electrical CAD system that can handle many forms of circuit design, including:
- Custom IC layout (ASICs)
- Schematic drawing
- Hardware description language specifications
- Electro-mechanical hybrid layout
- Design rule checking (3 options)
- Simulation and simulation interface (8 options)
- PLA generation (2 options)
- Routing (4 options)
- VHDL compilation
- Silicon compilation
- Network consistency checking
- MOS (6 CMOS variations, 1 nMOS variation)
- Bipolar and BiCMOS
- Schematics and printed circuits
- Digital filters, Temporal logic
- CIF I/O
- GDS I/O
- VHDL I/O
- DXF I/O
- PostScript, HPGL, and QuickDraw output
Read the technical specifications for Electric.
Read the history of Electric.
Find out more from the people who wrote Electric.
Download the latest version of Electric from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/electric/ or any of the many mirrors.