Making PCB's.

  • jownzie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2004
      I need to make a somewhat complex circuit board. I would say it
      will have in total 4-5 op amps and then a few other IC's mostly
      analog multiplexers. It will also have the necessary resistors and
      capacitors. I don't want to keep it on the bread board for a couple
      of reasons. First, the breadboard may not be optimizing the ciruit
      since it will be dealing with potentially low signal levels. The
      bread board also lends itself to wires moving or coming undone. I am
      aware that there is software out there that will layout the traces on
      some paper that you simply iron on. I see this to be somewhat of a
      problem becuase first of all you have to put the chips and resistors
      in the program, and then go and figure out how to make it so it will
      print out something you can iron on to the copper sided board. Also,
      you have to go through and then drill out all those holes which I
      hear is really a pain becuase the drill bits dull really easily. So
      anyways, I was thinking of simply using the pre fabricated boards
      that have the holes predrilled and the eyelets come in groups of
      three. What I am asking you guys is which way is basically the
      easiest to do. One of these two methods or possibly some other method?
      The quality of the board isn't really that big of an issue, just as
      long as it can perform adequately. I am guessing that traces on a
      board would generate less interfernece with other traces as compared
      to say using wires to hook connections up.