Seeking Dome Interior Layout Ideas for PD6 with 3 computer cubbies

  • dfw_skywatcher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
      Though I have not received it yet, I am about to be the new owner of a PD6-Tall with 3 computer cubbies. I have been planning this for a very long time and I am truly excited about it. I sure would appreciate it if those who own the 6' dome with or without computer cubbies would be kind enough to pass on your great "in the dome" setup ideas? To give you an idea of available space I will be using a Celestron 9.25CGEM on a Pier Tech-2 set up for visual and astrophotography. Dome will be fully automated.

      Thank you all,
      Gerry Stanford
    • M.A.Siniscalchi
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2010
        I have the HD6T (S/N 17) and though I don't have the cubbies you can view my pictures of it to get an idea of how mine is done. I also modified the door to a split design to you can enter/exit regardless of the dome position.

        http://helixgate.net/observatory1.html

        Mike Siniscalchi
        http://www.helixgate.net

      • coptercaptain@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2010
          Thank you for the pictures Mike. Not only did your dome layout lend
          some great ideas but your deck as well. Thanks for sharing.
          Gerry Stanford.

          PS: Just found out I will get PD6 on the 26th. Yea!