Heart-rending prayer request

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4 5:30 PM

      I have had some experience over the years editing prayer requests, but there is simply no way to convey the awful need in this one any more briefly than in its original form. This is a Benedictine nun I know in Germany. She is writing about one of their abbey's friends. How tragic, please pray! Even though Sister's account does not give all their names, God knows who we are praying for! JL

      "Our friend's husband is in an acclaimed string quartet. They are very close and help each other in every way. The wife of one of the members was on holiday in the Maldive Islands when the tsunami stuck, after which no one heard from her. The whole group decided to go with the man to seek for his wife there. They found a hotel in ruins and began digging to find her. At some point they broke through the floor which turned out to be the ceiling of another and fell 4 stories. The man landed directly next to his wife who had been dead a week. He suffered on the spot a major coronary and died. The husband of our friend sustained a skull fracture, has been operated on many times and is still unconscious. The third broke both legs and has died in the meantime as a result of malaria. The fourth broke his arms and is in an extremely precarious psychological state. He tried to throw himself down a flight of stairs and last night slit his wrists but was found just in time. He wants very much to die and I think he will succeed. Please pray for him intensely. And for Philip, our friend's husband. He has been unconscious since this all happened and knows nothing about the death of these his closest friends and colleagues and of the likely imminent death of the fourth, Jean-Michel. "