Holy Rule for Nov. 22

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2004
      +PAX

      Prayers, please, for LiRee, 19, possibly paraplegic after a car accident, and for her family, prayers for Charles in Iraq, he has been granted a trip home for Christmas and hopes to make his Oblation then, and for all his fellow workers there. Prayers, too, for Br. Dennis, hospital procedure today, and for Jeanie, surgery around noon today, her sister and all her family. Prayers for Siobahn, whose dog Nala will have to be put to sleep today. Tough day for her and her Mom, Susan, and Grandmother, Shirley. prayers for them all. Prayers for Sr. Margaret of the Cenacle, late-discovered colon cancer is spreading and she is on aggressive chemo, also for Mary, recent breast cancer diagnosis, now in a treatment decision dilemma, and for her boyfriend. Continued prayers for our friend, Ben. Although back to work, some other catastrophic expenses have been hitting him and his family hard. God's will is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent. Alleluia! Thanks so much. JL

      anyone who
      does not come on time
      If then he does not amend,
      and made to eat alone,
      at the verse said after the meal.

      everyone sitting helpless on that mode of transported would be
      nothing flat.

      annoyed!

      of Christ. However, chronic unnecessary lateness is often a sign of
      lack of consideration, lack of care for others, maybe even of lack of
      respect. Brother X is my brother. I am responsible for a large chunk

      Much of the Holy Rule which deals with communal life (and is VERY easy
      to apply to family life or workplace,) has to do with what should really be
      common courtesy and decency. Granted, sometimes those values get
      wrapped in ancient language and gesture, making it less easy to see how
      simple and modern they are, but those exhortations to polite, considerate,
      gentle living are things anyone can follow in any milieu, to great benefit!
      Many of those courtesies are threatened or altogether lacking today. Helping
      keep them alive may start a conversion in another we will never know until
      heaven.

      Petrsham, MA

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2005
        +PAX

        So many intentions (and a few other concerns,) have popped up lately that i am unable to acknowledge all the prayer requests individually. Please know that I care, I just cannot get answers to them all.

        Prayers, please, for Uriah, extensive and delicate neck surgery, and for all his family. Prayers, too, for Noel and his travelling companions, for their continued safety and Deo gratias that a brush with death ended with all of them safe, and prayers for all young travellers. Prayers for Keara and Loran, young adults travelling in the UK. Keara had her wallet stolen and they are having some trouble booking hostels. Prayers for Glen, whose girlfriend is trying to force him to do her bidding with suicide threats and for his worried family. Prayers for someone having serious job troubles, after 26 years of employment there wondering if this can be weathered or not. Prayers for P. and J., neurology work-ups for unexplained tremors, also for Leo, hospitalized with rectal bleeding, anemic, and for Jane, his wife. Prayers for Brian, severe manic episode, briefly jailed and now out of contact with his worried parents, who know nothing of his condition or whereabouts. Lord, help them as You know and will. God's will is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent, praise Him! Thanks so much. JL

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2007
          +PAX

          In the U.S., we celebrate Thanksgivng today. I give special thanks to God for the gift that all of you are and have been to me, for the many ways you have enriched my life. DEO GRATIAS!!

          Deo gratias and thanks, Catherine, for whom we prayed has agreed to go into a nursing home, a MUCH better care option for her. Prayers now that the social worker makes the arrangements in time, there is some red tape to fear.

          Deo gratias for B., whose husband has come home and is resolving their marital problems.

          Prayers, please for the spiritual, mental and physical health of the following, for all their loved ones and all who care for them:

          Beth, Multiple sclerosis.

          Tim, chronic anxiety, suffering for some years now

          Barb's son, bipolar and alcoholism.

          Prayers for B., needing an annulment to complete her reception into the Catholic Church. Lord, help us all as You know and will. God's will is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent, praise Him! Thanks so much. JL

          anyone who
          does not come on time
          If then he does not amend,
          and made to eat alone,
          at the verse said after the meal.

          nothing flat.

          annoyed!

          of Christ. However, chronic unnecessary lateness is often a sign of
          lack of consideration, lack of care for others, maybe even of lack of
          respect. Brother X is my brother. I am responsible for a large chunk

          until heaven.

          Petrsham, MA

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 20, 2016

            +PAX

            I am sending out two days’ worth of readings today, so that I can rest after my procedure on Monday. Next post will appear on Tuesday. Thanks to all for your prayers!

            Prayers for the eternal rest of President John F. Kennedy, on the 53rd anniversary of his death, and for his family and all who mourn him. Prayers, too, for the eternal rest of all the other members of his family who have joined him in death.

            Prayers for Mark and Barrett, beginning their novitiate as Oblates of St. Gregory’s Abbey, Three Rivers, Michigan. May they persevere in their holy calling.

            Please pray for R., in thanksgiving for her husband's new job, for her insomnia related issues, and for her sister-in-law's father, who has six blocked arteries.

            Please pray for  Theresa and Chris, whose 12 year old daughter will be transitioning from homeschool to a small private school after Thanksgiving. Prayers for a smooth transition and for an increase in trust and faith in God during the process. May she be blessed by the traditional Catholic classical education she will be receiving.

            anyone who
            does not come on time
            If then he does not amend,
            and made to eat alone,
            at the verse said after the meal.

            nothing flat.

            annoyed!

            considerate, and gentle living are things anyone can follow in any milieu, to great
            until heaven.