Jan. 17

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2004

      Deo gratias! Prayers of thanks for Martha and Ann, the Kidney team,
      and for Joy, stomach stapling. Their surgeries went well. Let's
      continue prayers for their full recovery! God's will is best. All is
      mercy and grace. Thanks so much! JL

      But if anyone should presume to do so,
      At the same time,
      and in observance of the Rule,
      knowing that beyond a doubt
      to God, the most just Judge.

      be of lesser importance,
      It is written,
      "Do everything with counsel,

      we have a Father, not a Fuhrer.

      A pithy quote from Jesuit liturgical scholar Father Robert Taft, who
      was speaking about Church authority in general, but it certainly
      applies to us: "I don't buy ecclesiastical fascism, I think
      authoritarianism is the refuge of the stupid. It saves you from the
      obligation of thought."

      fancy."

      relationship ceases to become self. None of us are anywheres near the

      hurt or angry that no one dares approach us is just another average

      and divinity itself, enter into the equation. We need very good "crap
      keep those crap detectors more than amply busy just in our own hearts

      not revolve around us as an axis!

      Our age, particularly, has embraced the pap of "Follow your bliss!"
      I thought my "bliss" would be to be married to an attorney and having
      drinks by the pool. No doubt there may be some who wish I had
      followed that one, but how different my life would have been had I
      done so!

      bliss when we are in the midst of following it, but we frequently
      have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into that compliance! And
      sometimes our bliss IS the right thing- even a stopped clock is right
      twice a day- but those sometimes are impossible to predict. And, let
      us be frank, few people carry stopped watches because of their
      usefulness twice a day!