Holy Rule for Oct. 26

    Message 1 of 239 , Oct 25, 2012
      +PAX

      Prayers for the eternal rest of the two adults and one child killed in rioting in Panama, and for all their families and all who mourn them.

      Prayers, please, for the eternal rest of Sandy, 62, and for her husband, family and all who mourn her.

      Prayers, please, for the spiritual and temporal wellbeing of the following, for all their loved ones and all who take care of them:

      Abigail, abducted by a convicted sex offender and still missing.

      Joey's parents, on their 43rd wedding anniversary, and for his Dad, turning 91 on Oct. 31, many more years and graces together.

      the 9 year old girl we prayed for is doing better, Deo gratias, but still in critical condition, continued prayers, please.

      Genny. Echo tests Friday morning to determine amount of leakage in a heart valve.

      Brian, received a promotion and challenging charge to correct a dysfunctional situation at work in 6 months' time.

      Chapter 19: On the Manner of Saying the Divine Office

      We believe that the divine presence is everywhere and that "the
      eyes of the Lord are looking on the good and the evil in every
      place" (Prov. 15:3). But we should believe this especially without
      any doubt when we are assisting at the Work of God. To that end let
      us be mindful always of the Prophet's words, "Serve the Lord in
      fear" (Ps. 2:11) and again "Sing praises wisely" (Ps. 46:8) and "In
      the sight of the Angels I will sing praise to You" (Ps. 137:1).
      Let us therefore consider how we ought to conduct ourselves in
      sight of the Godhead and of His Angels, and let us take part in the
      psalmody in such a way that our mind may be in harmony with our
      voice.

      REFLECTION

      If there were any phrase I could carve on the walls of every choir
      in the Order, it would be: "In the sight of the Angels I will sing
      praise to You." It stresses not only the lofty character (and
      cast!) of our sacrifices of praise, but also the demeanor we should
      have in offering them.

      We are in the presence of the Angels, yet we sometimes
      easily forget that our brothers and sisters are each worth
      infinitely more than aesthetics, than music, than rubric. We must
      love people more than those!

      Dump on your sister or brother in the name of such things and you
      have missed the Bridegroom and married the Wedding March. Don't be
      too surprised if you find the Wedding March to be a less than
      thrilling spouse, a source of frustration rather than peace and joy!
      Whenever we use the constructs of rubric or music to hurt or demean
      one another, those Angels whose presence we ignore at our peril
      weep, and I think God does as well.

      The Presence of God that we miss so often should change our
      demeanour. Students act differently (usually worse, alas...) for a substitute
      teacher. Employees are different when the boss is off for the day.
      These assortments of different behavior are pretty much shot
      through the human condition, though not necessarily always a good
      idea.

      The message here is no masks. Know Him in Whose presence and House
      you are. But really KNOW Him. That can take a lifetime of trying on
      and shedding as false different modes of conduct.

      God is Parent and Creator and we are always creatures, but we are
      not always children. We have to grow to the adult relationship with
      God that fortunate children eventually share with their parents.
      (If we never got to do this with our parents, and many haven't, establishing
      such
      honesty with God is going to perhaps be a bit of a chore... Keep trying!)

      As we grow in our knowledge of God, our behavior around Him (and we
      are ALWAYS "around Him", that's another clear message of the Holy
      Rule!) changes. It becomes more real and more natural. It changes
      with a very clear eye to Whom God is and who we are. It changes
      from knowledge born of love and security.

      Message 239 of 239 , Nov 24

        For Demosthenis, hypertension, in ICU, fighting for hiss life.

        For the recovery of Alex’s friend, emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially, through the intercession of Our lady of the Rosary.