Holy Rule for Apr. 13

    Message 1 of 239 , Apr 12, 2012
      +PAX

      Prayers for the eternal rest of Cardinals Ignace Moussa I Daoud and Luis Aponte Martinez and for their families and all who mourn them.

      Prayers for the repose of the soul of Pat anf for all who mourn her. Prayers that her family to recognize Our Lord's consolation and proximity to them.

      Deo gratias, Angus does not have MRSA, he has cellulitis, long treatment but doable, continued prayers, please.

      Prayers for the spiritual and temporal welfare of the following, for all their loved ones and all who take care of them:

      Continued prayers for Shannon's return to an active practice of the faith.
      Drew and his family to come to know Christ.

      Prayers for M., discernment concerning a vocational decision.

      Ben and Eva and their unborn baby. Eva is 26 weeks pregnant and has just been diagnosed with cancer. The baby may have to be delivered early so that Eva can receive treatment.

      Thomas, surgery to remove an infected bone from his foot.

      Karen - serious physical health issues and wounds of the heart.

      Wilma - Serious issues, not sure what kind, but requests for help.

      Amp & Ruth - elderly couple. He has serious health issues that are not resolving, and she is helping as much as she can, but it is wearing her down.

      Lynne - long-term mental health issues, she often "disappears" and doesn't contact people because of her deep loneliness and other troubles.

      Myrna and her dog Max. The vet said Max might have a tumour and the family is devastated. Prayers that Max does not have a tumour.

      Brittany, 21 , that God keeps her safe and he keeps Nathan, who is 17 years older than her, getting a divorce, unemployed and has a 2 year old daughter away from Brittany. Brittany has broken it off with Nathan so prayers they no longer have any contact and they never see each other again. There is much unknown about his past and he could be dangerous.

      Herb who is at the cancer clinic getting a biopsy on some lumps. Prayers that it is not cancer.

      Amy, in her 20's, who we have been praying for. She is now down to about 40 pounds and in and out of consciousness. Prayers for her and for every one who is involved with Amy as some of her family are very angry and not understanding why God does not save her. Prayers especially for her aunt Cindy who has great faith and she does not want any one mad at God.

      Abby who is suffering a lot with anxiety and stress about school, and she's getting upset about a lot of things. Prayers for her to be able to positively work through her anxieties and really start to enjoy school and her friends.

      Chapter 59: On the Sons of Nobles and of the Poor Who Are Offered

      If anyone of the nobility
      offers his son to God in the monastery
      and the boy is very young,
      let his parents draw up the document which we mentioned above;
      and at the oblation
      let them wrap the document itself and the body's hand in the altar
      cloth.
      That is how they offer him.

      As regards their property,
      they shall promise in the same petition under oath
      that they will never of themselves, or through an intermediary,
      or in any way whatever,
      give him anything
      or provide him with the opportunity of owning anything.
      Or else,
      if they are unwilling to do this,
      and if they want to offer something as an alms to the monastery
      for their advantage,
      let them make a donation
      of the property they wish to give to the monastery,
      reserving the income to themselves if they wish.
      And in this way let everything be barred,
      so that the boy may have no expectations
      whereby (which God forbid) he might be deceived and ruined,
      as we have learned by experience.

      Let those who are less well-to-do make a similar offering.
      But those who have nothing at all
      shall simply draw up the document
      and offer their son before witnesses at the oblation.

      REFLECTION

      It's always nice to read Chapter. 59, because it is the source of our
      having Oblates today. Thanks be to God for the myriad blessings and
      graces that have come to the Benedictine family through Oblates and
      for the graces they have received from their bonds to the Order! It
      is hard for me to imagine where we would be without Oblates.

      Those who are seen help us with labors and goods, and those who are
      unseen, help us with a treasure of prayers whose vastness we dare not
      even guess until we finally see clearly in heaven. In most cases, by
      numbers, Oblates outnumber the professed of the community, so God
      must have known how badly we needed them. It is most likely their
      prayers that kept us going all these years.

      The living and the dead, the strugglers and those already in heaven,
      help us move the great throng of our Order forward through history.
      What heaven must be like! The Oblates there are united to God,
      already freely conversant with St. Benedict, with heroes and heroines
      we can only read about. How delighted they must have been to be
      welcomed by a family far more numerous than they ever imagined.

      They were not strangers to those Benedictines of centuries past. Why?
      Because the saints of the past hold us dear throughout our time of
      trial. They already know us, they have been praying for us all along,
      even if we have not met them yet in person. When I read Anglo-Saxon
      Benedictine history, a favorite hobby of mine, I am just learning their
      names. They already know my name: they have prayed for me for years
      before I even cracked a book.

      When an Oblate joins our ranks, becoming a member of this great
      family, there are graces beyond counting in store. Ours is a family
      of saints, of great holiness. It is also a family of strugglers, the
      mediocre, the halt and lame and the beginning. The communion of
      saints is replicated in miniature in our own Order. All that great sanctity,
      past and present, comes, in the eternal now of heaven, to our aid.
      The weak are carried by the strong. It is easy to forget the miracle
      that signing one little Oblation chart on the altar effects.

      If I could (and did!) write a love song for the habit, I could write one as
      great for Oblates. How much they have changed and enriched my life,
      how deeply I find my days entwined around Oblates from all over the
      world. Prayers and insights shared back and forth, friendships that
      have sprung up in cyberspace, the wonderful gift of having others spread
      far and wide who share the journey with me, these are all gifts of grace to
      me, inestimable gifts! My life would be so much diminished without the
      gifts of light and joy, love and edification that you bring to me. Thanks so
      very, very much!!

      Thank God for our Oblates. Thank God for the chance He led St.
      Benedict to give to them and to ourselves!

      Message 239 of 239 , Nov 24, 2017

        For Demosthenis, hypertension, in ICU, fighting for hiss life.

        For the recovery of Alex’s friend, emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially, through the intercession of Our lady of the Rosary.