Holy Rule for July 10

    Message 1 of 211 , Jul 9 10:58 AM
      +PAX

      Please pray for the Health and Salvation of Georgette, Lillian, Gary, Frank, Munther, Mary, Janey, Bernice, Eric, John & Mary. John, George, John and Ann, Adel, Monk Brendan, Andre and Osama, Maximus Evan, Jerieys, Rachel, Peter, and for a special intention.

      Please pray for the repose of the soul of Khourieh Karen.

      Please pray men and women to hear the call to the consecrated life as monastics
      Please pray for peace in the Holy Land and in Iraq.
      Please pray that more men will respond to the call of God to the priesthood.
      Please thank God for the many blessings he has bestowed upon us.
      Please pray that all of us will grow closer to God and to make Him more important in our lives.

      Lord, help us all as You know and will. God's
      will is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent, praise Him! Thanks so
      much. JL

      March 10, July 10, November 9
      Chapter 32: On the Tools and Property of the Monastery

      For the care of the monastery's property
      in tools, clothing and other articles
      let the Abbess appoint sisters
      on whose manner of life and character she can rely;
      and let her, as she shall judge to be expedient,
      consign the various articles to them,
      to be looked after and to be collected again.
      The Abbess shall keep a list of these articles,
      so that as the sisters succeed one another in their assignments
      she may know what she gives and what she receives back.

      If anyone treats the monastery's property in a slovenly or careless
      way, let her be corrected. If she fails to amend, let her undergo the
      discipline of the Rule.

      REFLECTION

      Americans in particular can equate lack of waste with stinginess.
      It's a terrible view of things, but deeply rooted. Consumerist
      society encourages waste because it fuels profits for the few at the
      top. Sad that many below cannot be made to see that when we waste, we
      are harming ourselves, in more ways than one: ecologically, economically
      AND spiritually. Waste is a lack of mindfulness for others, a lack of
      awareness that we must share God's goods which He created for all.

      The reasons we have been subtly taught to live with criminal waste as if
      it were nothing are false, totally false. They are not luxury, they deny
      others. Why live a lie? We do not live on a planet of infinite
      resources.

      Monasteries and homes are microcosms of the universe. We must never look
      at conservation as if our actions alone will advance the rise or prevent
      the fall. They may very well do neither. What our actions CAN do is
      limit our complicity. That is the only safe rationale for undertaking
      them.

      Every drop of fresh water makes the ocean less salty, though its a
      fair bet that the Atlantic will remain quite salty, indeed, in spite of
      our efforts! That's not the point. All God will ever ask us is what
      we added to the problems around us.

      All He asks is that we try to build a better world, that we do our part
      to make His Kingdom visible. It already exists, we do not "build" it,
      we simply unveil it bit by bit, for all to see! That's what He meant when He
      said: "The Kingdom of God is within you."

      He knows we cannot change things single-handedly. No private citizen
      could have stopped the Holocaust in Nazi Germany, but some chose not to
      be in any way part of it, often at the cost of their lives. See what I
      mean? A wealth of opportunity in choice awaits all of us.

      Message 211 of 211 , Mar 13

        +PAX

        Many ardent prayers for Mario, substance abuse problem and getting help and treatment, may he stay clean and sober. Prayers, too, for his parents, D. and M. and all his family.

        Prayers for Kristen, young wife & mother with serious cancer. Parishioners are praying to Ven. Rose Hawthorne for a miracle.

        Prayers for Diana and her daughter, Diana left the Church long ago, prayers that they both may return.

        Many ardent prayers for Steve, in hospice, that he may get all the Sacraments, and for his wife and family and all who will mourn him. Divine Mercy chaplets, please, from those so inclined.

        Prayers for the eternal rest of Kathy, who died in her sleep, and strength for her husband, Mark and for their family. Kathy was a very devout prayer warrior.

        Continued ardent prayers for Josh, drug problems and hopefully already in treatment.

        Prayers for Patty, 56, who has been home battling bacterial pneumonia for over a week.

        Prayers for the eternal rest of 35 girls killed in a fire at a state-run home for youth in Guatemala, and for their families and all who mourn them. Prayers, too, for the other girls at that facility, where allegations of abuse have prompted riots from those housed there.

        Prayers for a man estranged from his children for many years, that they resume contact with him.

        Prayers for E., that she go to Confession, also for Liz, that she go to Confession. It has been many years for both.

        let them wait until after Mass.

        to be.