Divine Mercy Sunday

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2008

      I know I have readers of many faiths. Please indulge me in this very
      Catholic post for the Catholics on our lists.

      Today is Divine Mercy Sunday. Jesus promised St. Faustina that all who made a
      good Confession and received Communion on Mercy Sunday would receive a
      complete remission of all guilt- in essence, a renewal of their baptismal innocence.
      The confession can be made before Sunday, need not be on the very day, unless one needs to
      go in order to receive the Eucharist.

      Awesome gift! While not Church dogma, it is an approved private revelation
      that all Catholics are free to believe. The fact that the late Pope John Paul II
      extended Mercy Sunday to the universal Church calendar is significant,
      indeed. Such things usually take much longer.

      Please, if you have never made Mercy Sunday before, make your first one this
      year. If just one of you does so, that is a treasure so ineffably great. Go
      make a good Confession, go to Communion, perform some work of mercy, spiritual
      (prayer for others we can all do!) or corporal and say the Chaplet. By the way, the Chaplet
      is a particularly powerful prayer for the dying. Directions for the
      Chaplet may be found at:

      http://www.marian.org/divinemercy/chaplet.html

      The Chaplet is not an essential part of the Mercy Sunday, but say some
      prayers of thanks for and trust in His great Mercy! If there are some organized Divine Mercy
      celebrations in your area, try to attend one.