Br. Jerome Off to Europe

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2007

      Please, I implore you, do not respond to this message to wish me bon voyage, just say a prayer for me, instead, that every detail of my trip be ordered according to the perfect will of God. If a bunch of folks send me good wishes, my mailbox will fill up before I'm even on the plane, and I will have severely limited ability to answer or even check mail from Europe. I will be gone till Nov. 3.

      I also ask your prayers for Arthur Platt, the man who left a trust fund to grant wishes to folks with HIV. The foundation he created has given me this trip of a lifetime, one which would never have been possible for me without their generosity. So, please pray for Arthur's happy death and eternal rest (he died of AIDS at 47,) and for the foundation board which granted me the wish.

      I am going to Pluscarden Abbey in Scotland first, then Somerset, England for a few days with our Abbot's brother, then to Rome and the foundation has also given me a rail pass for 8 days in Italy. I am going to Turin, Padua and Subiaco, among other places, and probably a day trip to Asissi. I PROMISE you that I shall carry you all in my heart to all the holy places. You will be with me more than you will ever know till heaven!

      Prayers, too, for our wonderful Michael LoPiccolo, who will keep things running for me. Please send prayer requests to him: carmelitanum@... I so appreciate his kind and loving and patient help!! He can also help you with Holy Rule list matters.

      Love and prayer for you at all the holy places,