Holy Rule for June 2

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      +PAX

      Prayers for Al, very important interview today about his retirement and future, and for his wife, C. Prayers for Theresa, who has gone to God, for her happy death and eternal rest and for all who mourn her, especially her grandchildren and sons. Prayers for Terry, deployed to Iraq, and for her brother, Jeron, and all their family, prayers, too, for Don, going back to Iraq for the third time, and for all his family.

      Prayers of thanks and Deo gratias, Evalyn, for whom we prayed, has come through her cancer surgery well and was told is has not spread. Deo gratias, too, for Doug, whose IV antibiotics have been finished and he is cleared to go to back work. God is good! Prayers for Mary, severely broken foot, laid up for 8 weeks. Lord, help us all as You know and will. God's will is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent, praise Him! Thanks so much. JL

      The fourth degree of humility
      and contradictions
      and even any kind of injustice,
      For the Scripture says,
      "The one who perseveres to the end,
      and again

      And to show how those who are faithful
      8:36).
      they go on with joy to declare,
      "But in all these trials we conquer,
      "You have tested us, O God;
      You have brought us into a snare;
      it goes on to say,

      Moreover, by their patience
      in adversities and injuries:
      when forced to go a mile, they go two;

      me." Neither is true.

      Please drop that TV image of perfect models, who flit from flower to
      flower in life beamingly, fraught with about as much stress as a
      butterfly in a climate-controlled greenhouse in full bloom. That
      image will harm you. The Holy Rule and Scripture were not
      written for television's perfect, clueless potted plants. They were written
      for strays and plodders like ourselves.

      can... the fridge broke today.

      the middle of things.

      when that sort of thing didn't often happen. +Marion was wise enough

      him.

      I am breaking no confidence if I also tell you that, during the worst
      of those years, Patrick joined AA and remained faithfully sober for
      decades, helping scores of alcoholics who came to him, because a

      name!)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2016

        +PAX

        Prayers for Tim, discerning a monastic vocation and began his month long observership with us on June 1. May he be open to the Holy Spirit and God’s will for him.

        Please pray for the monastic journey of Br. Angelus of St. Andrews Abbey, Valyermo, CA.  He made his Solemn Profession on 5/22 and was ordained a Transitional Deacon last Sunday.  He should be ordained to the Priesthood next year. (I can’t recall if I put him on before, so I running this in case I missed him.)

        Prayers for the conversion and happy death of Joe, a determined agnostic.

        Prayers for Denise, that she return to the Church and Sacraments.

        Prayers for Elaine, that she passes two exams for work and gets some help at her job, also for an interview she has coming up if she passes the exams.

        Prayers for the happy death of Sylvia N., who seems to be dying after emergency surgery, and for her family and all who will mourn her. Pray that her suffering is eased and she gets all the Sacraments she can.

        The fourth degree of humility
        and contradictions
        and even any kind of injustice,
        For the Scripture says,
        "The one who perseveres to the end,
        and again

        And to show how those who are faithful
        8:36).
        they go on with joy to declare,
        "But in all these trials we conquer,
        "You have tested us, O God;
        You have brought us into a snare;
        it goes on to say,

        Moreover, by their patience
        in adversities and injuries:
        when forced to go a mile, they go two;

        Be careful how you read this fourth step of humility. It is an ideal,

        me." Neither is true.

        you and me, for people who have weathered life.

        Patience is ENDURANCE, not ease. It may, after years of struggle, confer a
        the middle of things.

        him.

        little at a time, let us all be Patricks,

        name!)

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1

          +PAX

          Prayers for the eternal rest of the 29 killed in the attack on Coptic Christians in Egypt and for those killed by a suicide bomber in Kabul, where 80 died and nearly 300 were wounded. Prayers for all the dead and those who mourn them, for the recovery of the injured and the repentance of the attackers. Prayers for the families of all.

          Prayers  for Helene, who is suffering from a third attack of shingles this year.

          Prayers for the eternal rest of Lubomyr Cardinal Husar, 84, retired major archbishop of the Ukrainian Catholic Church, and for his family and all who mourn him.

          Prayers for the eternal rest of Fr. Paschal Balkan, OCSO, 90, of Holy Cross Abbey, Berryville, Virginia, and for all his family and all who mourn him.

          Prayers for the eternal rest of Fr. Larry Dunn, MIC, 74, and for his family, Community and all who mourn him.

          Prayers for continued blessings and healing for Bob and Marion on June 8, their 56th wedding anniversary. Many prayers for them and their continued life together.

[...]

          little at a time, let us all be Patricks, let us show others it can be done.

          Say a prayer for his eternal rest, please.

          name!)