Holy Rule for June 2

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007

      Prayers for Al, very important interview today about his retirement and future, and for his wife, C. Prayers for Theresa, who has gone to God, for her happy death and eternal rest and for all who mourn her, especially her grandchildren and sons. Prayers for Terry, deployed to Iraq, and for her brother, Jeron, and all their family, prayers, too, for Don, going back to Iraq for the third time, and for all his family.

      Prayers of thanks and Deo gratias, Evalyn, for whom we prayed, has come through her cancer surgery well and was told is has not spread. Deo gratias, too, for Doug, whose IV antibiotics have been finished and he is cleared to go to back work. God is good! Prayers for Mary, severely broken foot, laid up for 8 weeks. Lord, help us all as You know and will. God's will is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent, praise Him! Thanks so much. JL

      The fourth degree of humility
      and contradictions
      and even any kind of injustice,
      For the Scripture says,
      "The one who perseveres to the end,
      and again

      And to show how those who are faithful
      they go on with joy to declare,
      "But in all these trials we conquer,
      "You have tested us, O God;
      You have brought us into a snare;
      it goes on to say,

      Moreover, by their patience
      in adversities and injuries:
      when forced to go a mile, they go two;

      me." Neither is true.

      Please drop that TV image of perfect models, who flit from flower to
      flower in life beamingly, fraught with about as much stress as a
      butterfly in a climate-controlled greenhouse in full bloom. That
      image will harm you. The Holy Rule and Scripture were not
      written for television's perfect, clueless potted plants. They were written
      for strays and plodders like ourselves.

      can... the fridge broke today.

      the middle of things.

      when that sort of thing didn't often happen. +Marion was wise enough

      I am breaking no confidence if I also tell you that, during the worst
      of those years, Patrick joined AA and remained faithfully sober for
      decades, helping scores of alcoholics who came to him, because a