A new book on Liturgy by our Abbot

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2007

      Our Abbot Hugh of Pluscarden has just published a book of his conferences on
      the Liturgical Year. Amazon has it. Hope the link below works for you, if
      not, search for either title or author. I think you will enjoy his style. I have
      long admired his ability to draw on a wide variety of sources and bring them
      happily together. JL

      UNFOLDING THE MYSTERY:Monastic Conferences on the Liturgical Year.
      Dom Hugh Gilbert, OSB
      Published by Gracewing (UK, but they distribute in US). 168pp. £9.99 UK
      $17.95 US
      ISBN 0 85244 093 6

      "This selection from conferences delivered originally to Abbot Hugh's
      'monastic family' are of immense relevance to all Christian men and women looking
      for props to underpin their lives of faith in a society that does not
      understand their values. Readers will find fascinating glimpses of what it means to
      follow Christ as a Benedictine, will nourish the life of faith in the ancient
      monastic traditions, reflect on the place of Christian virtues in life, find
      comfort and strength in the wisdom of Scripture and the Fathers, and will
      relish the taste of the Liturgy of the Church and the Rule of St. Benedict."

      _http://www.amazon.com/Unfolding-Mystery-OSB-Hugh-Gilbert/dp/0852440936/sr=1-3
      /qid=1171592184/ref=sr_1_3/002-0224651-9130464?ie=UTF8&s=books_