Holy Rule for Jan. 17

    Message 1 of 143 , Jan 16, 2007

      Prayers for David, drawing near to diaconal ordination. May God fill him
      with His perfect will and bless every preparation for his ministry, now and
      always!

      Prayers, please, for Edward Long, an ironworker who died in a fall last
      week, prayers, too, for his wife Amy, his daughter, Stephanie, and his parents.
      Prayers for the happy death and eternal rest of John, killed in a four-wheeler
      accident today, for his parents and family and all who mourn him, especially
      for Nicole, his girlfriend, and for Nicole's parents, John and Ester, who
      are trying to console her. Prayers for Lily, a young child; her only good
      kidney is not functioning properly and she is not a candidate for transplant. She
      is critical now, unable to breathe on her own. For the perfect will of God
      for her and for strength for her parents and skill for her doctors. If God
      calls her, may she have a happy death and eternal rest. Prayers for Alan, a
      street person.

      Prayers for Jan, recovering from illness while having to travel for work,
      also for Greg, looking for work now for five months. Prayers for Nonie, as she
      explores difficult options for treating her ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease.)
      Prayers or Bob, evicted today and homeless. Prayers of Deo gratias and thanksgiving
      for Tom on his birthday. Lord, help us all as You know and will. God's will
      is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent, praise Him! Thanks so
      much. JL

      But if anyone should presume to do so,
      At the same time,
      and in observance of the Rule,
      knowing that beyond a doubt
      to God, the most just Judge.

      be of lesser importance,
      It is written,
      "Do everything with counsel,

      we have a Father, not a Fuhrer.

      A pithy quote from Jesuit liturgical scholar Father Robert Taft, who
      was speaking about Church authority in general, but it certainly
      applies to us: "I don't buy ecclesiastical fascism, I think
      authoritarianism is the refuge of the stupid. It saves you from the
      obligation of thought."

      fancy."

      relationship ceases to become self. None of us are anywheres near the

      and divinity itself, enter into the equation. We need very good "crap
      keep those crap detectors more than amply busy just in our own hearts

      not revolve around us as an axis!

      Our age, particularly, has embraced the pap of "Follow your bliss!"
      I thought my "bliss" would be to be married to an attorney and having
      drinks by the pool. No doubt there may be some who wish I had
      followed that one, but how different my life would have been had I
      done so!

      bliss when we are in the midst of following it, but we frequently
      have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into that compliance! And
      sometimes our bliss IS the right thing- even a stopped clock is right
      twice a day- but those sometimes are impossible to predict. And, let
      us be frank, few people carry stopped watches because of their
      usefulness twice a day!

      Message 143 of 143 , Jun 1, 2013
        Prayers, please, for the following, and for all their families and all who take care of them:

        Barbara, dementia worsening, major meltdown on Friday, and for her husband, Jim.

        a member of Jane's family newly diagnosed with cancer.

        Al. His vision is critical to his work. He had cataract surgery and now the lens that was implanted will have to be removed Monday and replaced with a new one. Doc says there is a high risk of a detached retina. Please pray that God will guide the surgeon's hands and for complete healing.

        Denise, that she get her marriage blessed and return to the Sacraments.

        The fourth degree of humility
        and contradictions
        and even any kind of injustice,
        For the Scripture says,