Special Prayer Request!

  • Michael LoPiccolo
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006

      December 12th is the day that Congress is scheduled to hold hearings
      on the Right to Life Act. Maria Marshall had the wonderful
      suggestion that we pray a novena (at the end of this message) to Our
      Lady of Guadalupe for this intention.

      -----------

      Novena in Honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe

      First Day
      Dearest Lady of Guadalupe, fruitful Mother of holiness, teach me
      your ways of gentleness and strength. Hear my humble prayer offered
      with heartfelt confidence to beg this favor ... [that Congress pass
      the Right to Life Act]
      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...

      Second Day
      O Mary, conceived without sin, I come to your throne of grace to
      share the fervent devotion of your faithful Mexican children who
      call to you under the glorious Aztec title of Guadalupe. Obtain for
      me a lively faith to do your Son's holy will always: May His will be
      done on earth as it is in heaven.
      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...

      Third Day
      O Mary, whose Immaculate Heart was pierced by seven swords of grief,
      help me to walk valiantly amid the sharp thorns strewn across my
      pathway. Obtain for me the strength to be a true imitator of you.
      This I ask you, my dear Mother.
      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...

      Fourth Day
      Dearest Mother of Guadalupe, I beg you for a fortified will to
      imitate your divine Son's charity, to always seek the good of others
      in need. Grant me this, I humbly ask of you.
      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...

      Fifth Day
      O most holy Mother, I beg you to obtain for me pardon of all my
      sins, abundant graces to serve your Son more faithfully from now on,
      and lastly, the grace to praise Him with you forever in heaven.
      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...

      Sixth Day
      Mary, Mother of vocations, multiply priestly vocations and fill the
      earth with religious houses which will be light and warmth for the
      world, safety in stormy nights. Beg your Son to send us many priests
      and religious. This we ask of you, O Mother.
      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...

      Seventh Day
      O Lady of Guadalupe, we beg you that parents live a holy life and
      educate their children in a Christian manner; that children obey and
      follow the directions of their parents; that all members of the
      family pray and worship together. This we ask of you, O Mother.
      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...

      Eighth Day
      With my heart full of the most sincere veneration, I prostrate
      myself before you, O Mother, to ask you to obtain for me the grace
      to fulfill the duties of my state in life with faithfulness and
      constancy.
      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...

      Ninth Day
      O God, You have been pleased to bestow upon us unceasing favors by
      having placed us under the special protection of the Most Blessed
      Virgin Mary. Grant us, your humble servants, who rejoice in honoring
      her today upon earth, the happiness of seeing her face to face in
      heaven.

      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...