Holy Rule for Oct. 7

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006

      Prayer requests, with Prayer in subject to _brjeromeleo@..._
      (mailto:brjeromeleo@...)

      Prayers for the Adrian Dominican Sisters on this feast of Our Lady of the
      Rosary, their Congregation's patroness, and for all Dominicans on this day
      special to them. Prayers for all those who love the Rosary, may their prayers
      bring peace to all!

      Prayers, please for a Native American gentleman, Softfoot, CT scan on his
      lung shows growth and surgery is scheduled for January, also for the lady who
      asked prayers for him, Geyatahi. Deo gratias for Jean, whom we prayed for some
      time ago after a suicide attempt. She is settled in a new town and has a job,
      doing well. Huge Deo gratias on that, and thanks to all who prayed. Prayers
      for a safe journey for Abbot Hugh, flying home to Pluscarden after a week
      here. Lord, help us all as You know and will. God's will is best. All is mercy

      The ninth degree of humility
      not speaking until he is questioned.
      For the Scripture shows

      One person can open their mouth with a skunk-at-a-garden-party type
      remark and ruin the wonderful day a lot of others are having. One
      person can change things for ill, put a damper on everything with
      their uncontrolled mouth. Think of the times you have seen this
      happen and weigh carefully how many of those remarks could have been
      left entirely unspoken. Probably all of them could have been
      charitably omitted.

      Now, and hopefully there will not be much of a harvest here, think of
      the times YOU have been the skunk in question. Sigh... I know I have.
      To my shame, I have even been proud of doing so, thinking it clever
      repartee, alas! I also know I have suffered skunks, and knowing how it
      felt makes me twice as guilty for inflicting it on others! Beloveds, liter
      ally
      for the love of God, we must often shut up!

      Why do we open our mouths to such discourse? It can only be from
      either (God forbid,) a deliberate desire to hurt or from a mistaken
      notion that we are vastly closer to being the center of the universe
      than others might think! Both are wicked. Humility, that intertwined
      wonder, is about silence, too. Love, faith, mercy, trust, obedience,
      silence! The higher we go on the ladder of humility the more we
      realize how truly central to all holiness it is. Without this ascent
      we are less than nothing at all!

      _http://www.stmarysmonastery.org_ (http://www.stmarysmonastery.org)

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2007

        For some reason, the post did not go through to Oblateforum yesterday, I know not why...

        Prayers for the Adrian Dominican Sisters on this feast of Our Lady of the
        Rosary, their Congregation's patroness, and for all Dominicans on this day
        special to them. Prayers for all those who love the Rosary, may their prayers
        bring peace to all!

        Prayers, please, for the happy death and eternal rest of the flollowing, and for all their loved ones:

        Javier, for his Mom, Emilia, and for all those walking in the benefit 5km walk today in his memory.

        Brian, a police officer illed in a motorcycle accident.

        Brian, a high school student killed in a freak car accident.

        Prayers for the spiritual, physical and mental health of the following, for all their loved ones and for all who treat or care for them:

        C. addiction issues from two different substances, needing to return to the Sacraments.

        A young man with a testicular tumor, doctor thinks it will be treatable after surgical removal and for his worried wife.

        Prayers of thanksgiving and Deo gratias: Bill's bowel surgery went very well!

        Prayers for a woman being stalked by her ex-boyfriend, and for the latter's conversion!

        Prayers for a new Mom and her son, difficult delivery and she had a history of miscarriages, but both seem to being doing well, Deo gratias!! Lord, help us all as You know and will. God's will is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent, praise Him! Thanks so much. JL