VERY special update on Emma

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2006

      I rarely run such a detailed update, but thought I'd run this one as sent to
      me. Emma has actually just turned 11, I had put her on for prayers as 12. She
      is the very brave little girl who was struck by a truck while riding with
      her stepdad and dragged a long way by the truck. MANY fractures in her foot and
      leg and much skin loss.

      I particularly ask folks outside the US- Rome, London, Belgium, New Zealand,
      Oz and elsewhere, to send her an e mail. I think she will so much enjoy
      knowing folks all over the world are praying for her. If you would, please let me
      know you sent one, I'd appreciate knowing she heard from a lot of us!! (She
      loved getting cards from her CCD class.)

      Emma now has both a laptop and an email address. . . she gave me permission
      to give it out! She said that she would like to get email from everyone!

      _eknappshover@..._ (mailto:eknappshover@...)

      Last night she was able to wheel herself around in her custom built
      wheelchair. She went to the dining room for dinner and then just went all around the
      hospital - it took us quite a while to find her. She literally went on an
      adventure.

      Friday is a big day - surgery to begin the skin grafts! Emma is not looking
      forward to this at all! Please pray for minimal discomfort for the little
      darling with no complications or infections. She still has her nightly
      fevers, we need to pray for those to end as well. The troublesome spot is no
      longer an issue - may miracles never cease!!

      The prayers are so powerful! Emma's steady improvement is proof! The
      family very much appreciates the outpouring of love and concern for Emma!

      Thanks so much everyone!