Jesus, I trust in You

  • russophile2002 <jeromeleo@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2003
      +PAX

      I rarely send anything other than the Holy Rule posts to you all.
      This support from the Pope for the Divine Mercy devotion touched me
      deeply. One often has to say "Jesus, I trust in You!" with firmly
      clenched teeth, but it has great power. Enjoy! And if you haven't yet
      read the Diary of St. Faustina, run out and get a copy. I think she
      is the greatest mystic of modern times.

      Love and prayers,
      Jerome

      In Times of Difficulty Say, "Jesus, I Trust in You," Pope Counsels

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 3, 2003 (Zenit.org).- John Paul II offered
      personal counsel when facing times of difficulty: the
      invocation "Jesus, I trust in you."

      "It is a simple but profound act of trust and abandonment to the love
      of God," the Pope said. "It is a fundamental point of strength for
      every man, as it is capable of transforming life."

      "In the inevitable trials and difficulties of life, in moments of joy
      and enthusiasm, entrusting oneself to the Lord infuses the soul with
      peace, induces us to recognize the primacy of the divine initiative
      and opens the spirit to humility and trust," he added.

      John Paul II made this recommendation Saturday in Paul VI Hall when
      he met with students of the major seminary of the Rome Diocese.

      "Jesus, I trust in you" is the invocation taught by the Polish mystic
      Saint Faustina Kowalska (1905-1938), messenger of Divine Mercy.

      John Paul II entrusted the world to Divine Mercy last Aug. 17, when
      he dedicated the new shrine in Lagiewniki, a suburb of Krakow,
      Poland, next to the convent where St. Faustina lived and died.

      "In the heart of Jesus, those anguished by life's sorrows find peace;
      those afflicted by suffering and illness find relief; those who feel
      constricted by uncertainty and anguish feel joy, because Christ's
      heart is filled to overflowing with consolation and love for those
      who turn to it with trust," he said.