How God loves us to ask in prayer

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2006

      Quite often I get posts from folks who apologize for asking for too many prayer intentions. I assure them that they should never hesitate. However, the quote below says it even better: God is delighted by our asking, not annoyed!

      I came across this quote in a letter by Blessed Placid Riccardi, OSB, (1844-1915) a monk and priest of St. Paul's Outside the Walls Abbey in Rome. I wish I could find more about him in English, but so far, no luck, not even a portrait on Google. JL

      "...Remember, it always pleases God when we come before Him as suppliants. He loves us to ask, pray, beseech, to the point of importunity... The Heart of God invites us all to put It to the proof. The more he gives, the more He desires to give. He loves to see the trust which makes us persist in knocking unceasingly."