Love at first sight

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2006

      I thought of writing to clarify my statements about love at first sight. After all, God knew I was going to become a monk at 43- no wonder my own history of such things was a less than howling success! Deo gratias! He was always in charge!

      Still, I have known others for whom love at first sight WAS a success. One of our readers, whose privacy I shall maintain, wrote to tell me her beautiful story, which I'll share with you:

      "A beautiful poem.I have to tell you there is love at first sight though.

      I met my husband in a car pool and the first time I saw him and saw his smile with his beautiful teeth showing my heart just stopped. I was 19 years old. Needless to say he felt the same. We married when I was 20 but it was the month before my 21st. birthday.

      My prayer to God was please let me have children and grandchildren. He was so good and blessed us with three girls and one boy. He also blessed us with 18 grandchildren and nine great grandchildren.

      We will be married 61 years this coming May 19th and STILL IN LOVE. how ABOUT THAT?

      The secret is never go to bed angry and talk problems over. Say your morning offering with the children and when they are grown and gone continue to do so. Also
      night prayers are said together.

      WE THANK GOD EVERYDAY FOR ALL OF HIS blessings.

      I GOT CARRIED AWAY BUT THAT'S WHAT Happens

      WHEN YOU REACH THE RIPE AGE OF 80 AND MY husband is 85."