+RIP Scott Bernier

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2005

      Scott Bernier, Associate of the Sisters of the Assumption down the road and beloved prayer partner of St. Mary's Monastery,
      died yesterday. I am unsure of his age, late forties, I think. He had suffered from AIDS for many years and had cancer at the end. Nevertheless, his death was sudden and not expected. Scott returned to the Church some years ago and was a genuine apostle, trying to bring others back to the Church along with him.

      He was very, very dear to our community and used to cry when the time to go home after a visit here came around. He had wanted at one time to become an Oblate, but we told him to respect his first commitment to the Sisters of the Assumption, our good friends. What we did then was draw up a formal covenant of prayer between the monastery and Scott, which we all signed, making him a prayer partner to all his brothers here. That he was faithful to that, I have no doubt at all. I feel sure he prayed for us every single day.

      Scott deserves a special post, all to himself, to ask your good prayers and I am sure that he is delighted by same! He was- and is- a wonderful, wonderful friend to have. I recommend him to your good prayers, for his happy death and eternal rest. May perpetual light shine upon him! There is a photo of Scott with Fr. Bede when he visited us on our web page at:

      http://home.earthlink.net/~jeromeleo/generalInfo.htm