Holy Rule for Sept. 17

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2005

      Clare, for whom we prayed, is having complications after her pacemaker surgery and may require further surgery. Prayers for her, her son, Rob and all her family. Prayers for the happy death and eternal rest of Sisters Rose Elizabeth and Michael Denis, who have gone to God. Prayers, too, for Mary M., rejoicing at selling her first article for publication. Deo gratias and many more! Lord, help them as You know and will. God's will is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent, praise Him! Thanks so much. JL

      Jan. 17 May 18 Sept. 17

      But if anyone should presume to do so,
      At the same time,
      and in observance of the Rule,
      knowing that beyond a doubt
      to God, the most just Judge.

      be of lesser importance,
      It is written,
      "Do everything with counsel,

      we have a Father, not a Fuhrer.

      A pithy quote from Jesuit liturgical scholar Father Robert Taft, who
      was speaking about Church authority in general, but it certainly
      applies to us: "I don't buy ecclesiastical fascism, I think
      authoritarianism is the refuge of the stupid. It saves you from the
      obligation of thought."

      fancy."

      relationship ceases to become self. None of us are anywheres near the

      hurt or angry that no one dares approach us is just another average

      and divinity itself, enter into the equation. We need very good "crap
      keep those crap detectors more than amply busy just in our own hearts

      not revolve around us as an axis!

      Our age, particularly, has embraced the pap of "Follow your bliss!"
      I thought my "bliss" would be to be married to an attorney and having
      drinks by the pool. No doubt there may be some who wish I had
      followed that one, but how different my life would have been had I
      done so!

      bliss when we are in the midst of following it, but we frequently
      have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into that compliance! And
      sometimes our bliss IS the right thing- even a stopped clock is right
      twice a day- but those sometimes are impossible to predict. And, let
      us be frank, few people carry stopped watches because of their
      usefulness twice a day!

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2006

        All prayer requests, please, with Prayer in the subject line to:

        Prayers for one struggling to accept the limitations of a neurological
        disorder, for serenity in God's perfect will. Prayers for one wondering about a
        Carmelite vocation, also for one seeking discernment of God's will in the light
        of family obligations. Prayers for one betrayed by her husband and going
        through a painful divorce. Prayers for another couple, just divorced, and for
        their daughter. Prayers for Yossi, one of our readers, who will enter his
        postulancy at Holy Cross Monastery in Chicago on Sept. 29. Deo gratias! And may
        every grace of perseverance be his and nothing but the perfect will of God!
        Prayers for John, a teenager hospitalized after two grand mal seizures, cause
        unknown, and for Elaine and Dave, his very worried parents. Elaine has some
        serious medical problems of her own, so special prayers for her. Prayers for
        Brenna that, if God wills, she may get the job she hopes for near her own home,
        that God will show her what He wants her to do next and that she will follow
        Him with deep trust. Lord, help us all as You know and will. God's will is
[...]

        and divinity itself, enter the equation. We need very good "crap

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2007

          Prayers, please, for the spiritual, mental and physical health of the following, for all their loved ones and for all who treat or care for them:

          Guy, elderly, depressive, having had to be moved twice in recent months, now off meds until a new regime can be started.

          Albert, stressed to the maximum and physically ill from it.

          A man in renal failure, also diabetic. Lord, help us as You know and will. God's will is best. All is mercy and grace. God is never absent, praise Him! Thanks so much. JL