Morning Offering Intentions for July

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      I realize, from having reminded folks about the Morning Offering at least a couple of times a year in the Holy Rule reflections that a) all making it are not Roman Catholic and b) some of those would have great reservations in praying for the Pope's intentions. However, I think none could find any stumbling block in these intentions for the month of July. I hasten to add that those who DO add the Pope's intentions may do so without knowing them- I did for years, and so do many others. However, I shall try to be better about sending them out to all each month when I get them from ZENIT news service in Rome. Thanks! JL

      VATICAN CITY, JULY 1, 2005 (Zenit.org).- Benedict XVI's general prayer intention for July is that Christians be sensitive to the needs of others without losing their identity in a relativistic world.

      The Pope's general intention for July states: "That Christians be sensitive to the needs of everyone, without ever hiding the radical requirements of the Gospel message."

      The Apostleship of Prayer, which announced the general intention, also reported the Pope's missionary prayer intention for July: "That all the baptized be committed, each in their own state of life, to transforming society by permeating the mentality and structures of the world with the light of the Gospel."
      ZE05070106