Special Prayers for Abbot Laurence

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2005

      Those of you who have been readers for some time have benefited from Abbot Laurence's wisdom as I passed on many of his conferences on the O Antiphons of Advent, and he is a very good friend and frequent visitor here at Petersham.

      He was struck by two hit and run motorcyclists in Rome, in a pedestrian crosswalk, on his way to catch a tram. He has two broken ribs, head wounds and a badly broken leg, which will require surgery. He has regained consciousness, Deo gratias, in the hospital, but he was very badly hurt. He is a dear man and a scholar as gentle and humble as he is profoundly gifted. He richly deserves all our prayers. I put him in anonymously this morning, since I did not yet know if I could release details.

      Thanks so much.