Divine Mercy Sunday

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3 6:19 AM

      Today is Divine Mercy Sunday, a feast which Pope John Paul II instituted at St. Faustina's canonization in 2000. He died shortly after the Vigil Mass of Divine Mercy Sunday was celebrated in his room last night. I urge all Catholics to make a good Confession and Communion today (the Confession can be a few days before,) to gain the wondrous promise that Jesus made regarding this feast: a total remission of all guilt and punishment due to sin, in effect, a renewal of one's baptismal innocence. Private revelation that may be, but trusting in God's goodness, we may hope to obtain exactly that great gift. If it seems to good to be true, it ISN'T- just say "Jesus, I trust in You!" and hang on! Deo gratias!!

      Love and prayers and mercy, always, mercy!

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2008

        I know I have readers of many faiths. Please indulge me in this very
        Catholic post for the Catholics on our lists.

        Today is Divine Mercy Sunday. Jesus promised St. Faustina that all who made a
        good Confession and received Communion on Mercy Sunday would receive a
        complete remission of all guilt- in essence, a renewal of their baptismal innocence.
        The confession can be made before Sunday, need not be on the very day, unless one needs to
        go in order to receive the Eucharist.

        Awesome gift! While not Church dogma, it is an approved private revelation
        that all Catholics are free to believe. The fact that the late Pope John Paul II
        extended Mercy Sunday to the universal Church calendar is significant,
        indeed. Such things usually take much longer.

        Please, if you have never made Mercy Sunday before, make your first one this
        year. If just one of you does so, that is a treasure so ineffably great. Go
        make a good Confession, go to Communion, perform some work of mercy, spiritual
        (prayer for others we can all do!) or corporal and say the Chaplet. By the way, the Chaplet
        is a particularly powerful prayer for the dying. Directions for the
        Chaplet may be found at:

        http://www.marian.org/divinemercy/chaplet.html

        The Chaplet is not an essential part of the Mercy Sunday, but say some
        prayers of thanks for and trust in His great Mercy! If there are some organized Divine Mercy
        celebrations in your area, try to attend one.