4356Holy Rule for Oct. 22

    Oct 21 9:22 PM

      Prayers for the eternal rest of Yvonne, who died of a brain tumor, and for all her family and all who mourn her.
      Prayers for Kathy, RDS in her foot for many years, a nerve problem afetr a foot injury, causing constant pain..
      Pray for Fr. Ralph who will be undergoing surgery on Wed 23 Oct to
      remove a cancerous lobe from his left lung; for his medical team whose
      hands will move by the Will of His Divine Majesty in the power of the
      Holy Spirit.
      Lord, help us all as You know and will. God's
      Him! Thanks so much. JL

      Let this verse be said: "Incline unto my aid, O God; O Lord, make
      haste to help me,"
      and the "Glory be to the Father" then the hymn proper to each Hour.

      Then at Prime on Sunday four sections of Psalm 118 are to be said;
      and at each of the remaining Hours, that is Terce, Sext and None,
      three sections of the same Psalm 118.

      At Prime on Monday let three Psalms be said, namely Psalms 1, 2 and
      6. And so each day at Prime until Sunday let three Psalms be said
      in numerical order, to Psalm 19,
      but with Psalms 9 and 17 each divided into two parts. Thus it comes
      about that the Night Office on Sunday always begins with Psalm 20.

      I was glad to hear from some who especially loved the prayers of
      Prime. So do I! Here, however, is yet another offering from the
      Office of Prime: its hymn. Being metrical, it is easily memorized.
      A nurse friend of mine told me years ago she used to sing this hymn
      every morning at an Episcopal summer camp for kids. Not a bad idea
      at all! Enjoy!

      Petersham, MA 01366

      Now that the daylight fills the sky
      We lift our hearts to God on high,
      That He, in all we do or say,
      Would keep us free from harm today:

      Would guard our hearts and tongues from strife;
      From anger's din would hide our life;
      From evil sights would turn our eyes;
      Would close our ears to vanities.

      So we, when this new day is gone
      and night in turn is drawing on,
      With conscience by the world unstained
      Shall praise His name for vict'ry gained.

      To God the Father and the Son
      And Holy Spirit, three in one,
      Be endless glory as before
      The world began, so evermore. Amen.