Re: [globalvillages] Working on a speech for Brussels/Paul Prueitt

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2007
      Dear Franz, Mark, and All,

      Very exciting news, and thanks so much for sharing it with us!  I am passing this along to Holistic Helping, in part because of the Euopean-African links being built there (referring to Mark's ideas), and also because Shahrez Khan of "Faith in Europe" is with us there, and in fact has just posted abt "Faith in Europe Day", so the timing is excellent for a discussion related to "connecting Europe".

      I love the nutritional focus too (attention: "MyFoodStory" participants!), as well as that on "health", which of course can be viewed from many perspectives:  physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual. The concept and principles of the Medicine Wheel (something near and dear to the hearts of Franz, myself, Paul P, and perhaps others) come to mind in this regard:  healing and growth via hubs and spokes, unity and diversity, centering and decentralization, oneness and individuality.

      Fractals are along the same lines:  this is both a concept of physics (science and the physical world) and of spirit (art, creativity, the intangibles of human life, our connection to all other things in the universe, linkages and dis/integration), the two being themselves linked, like Yin and Yang.

      The video-bridges ideas and plans being discussed will surely benefit from these discussions and activities, and once again the linkages between Europe and Africa--and all other places where we might build bridges (USA, Latin America, and India/Asia come to mind)--are present for exploration.

      Paul, Andrius, Franz, all:  I think we might have a glass-bead game afoot!  I do hope to pick up our discussion of this past fall in that regard, and apologies for taking so long to do so (though perhaps the ground is more fertile now).

      With blessings and "Brussels sproutings" to all, Janet