E -Learning Conference: Links in Kenya-Africa-Europe

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2007
      Dear Maria, Sam, Tom, David, Andrius, Pam, and All (with Katharina and Beate cc'd),

      This is an excellent idea, and how wonderful of the organizers to name it as they have, in a symbolic and inclusive way!  I am ccing Katharina Goetze and Beate Kleessen on this in part to thank them, and also to make them aware of the links between some of those who have been contacting them.

      Maria Agnese Giraudo, Tom Ochuka, Sam Kongere, David Mutua, Pam McLean, Asif Daya (of Trainerspod, who had been accepted for a presentation until he withdrew due to lack of travel funds) and myself are all linked to Minciu Sodas--founded by Andrius Kulikauskas--in addition to the work we are doing with our own nonprofits and with others.

      A number of eforums are linked to these efforts, and this is where I posted abt the conference (fyi for Beate), generating interest from Maria, Sam, Tom, and David, all of whom plan to attend the event. It will be great if Maria and the others can represent Minciu Sodas (www.ms.lt), and in addition if the Africans attending will represent their own orgs and interests at the grassroots.

      Hopefully next year we can have an even greater presence at the event--individually and collectively--and in more formal ways, and at that time I also hope for more of a presence on the part of KAIPPG and our e-learning partners in the GRASSUP NOW ICTS/ODL initiative, sponsored by The Commonwealth of Learning. I will check again to see if any member of our consortium, based in W Kenya, will be attending, and network everyone if I do.

      Thanks very much to everyone, and those of us not attending will be with you in "harambee" spirit!  Very best wishes and "e-ffections", Janet (Feldman, KAIPPG International, kaippg@..., www.kaippg.org)