Re: [mendenyo] Develop on people but not machines alone

  • christopher macrae
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      yes "develop people" is the big "truth" story that modern business schools and ever lower trust professions have separated

      WORLDS GREATEST MATHS MISTAKE
      Unfortunately globalisation and measuring everything in the least human way has spread system problems all over the world. Even when governance intends to be honest it can often be corrupted against people by machine accounting. No western accounting book is allowed to book in investments in people (they must always be treated as costs to cut, while machines and lifeless stocks can be treated in the investment column of the accounting book) and an economics wholly inappropriate to taking the network age above zero sum. And in another tragic way, educational curriculum have moved far away from vocational training and peer mentoring that might be of most local contextual value in a network connecting age

      whilst this chnage system survey in his 4th decade at The Economist, my dad wrote this in 1982 about how service economy needed diffferent organsiational systems- empowering from team up
      its doubly or triply true that we need empowerment when it comes to global aid but we have no widescale organsiational designs to support such civil society initiatives and replicably open source what work from one place to another with similar problems

      LOSS OF SUSTAINABILITY EVERYWHERE
      I am 14 years into research of how every top-down profession is exponentially compounding some untruth -and I invite those who know which their profession's greatest risk to humanity is to come and openly confess at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2368192864

      in a parallel subgroup of the same section of facebook, we will keep going with launching http://kibera.tv the way no western profession would ever permit - let's open source kibera to be Kenya's Grameen before the powers that be know what's leapfrogged them

      Of course the good news in this is that Kenya's problem is every hi-trust collaboration citizen's sustainability problem; it is the reason why collaboration entrepreneurs are emerging to have even more impact than so-called social entrepreneurs, not that my family as probaly the longest running journalists on open system entrepreneurship like either sub-classifications

      I was in Delhi in 2004 presenting a paper on the wars between goodwill and badwill networks; we can't expect any child to see century 22 unless we all colaborate to get rid of corruption - Peter Eigen of Transparency International and the Bill Gates sponsored African Progress panel says this clearest  http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%2Beigen+%2Bashoka&search=Search

      ashoka also currently has a transpaency competition going on at http://www.changemakers.net/en-us/competition/endcorruption

      chris

      samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      I know in Africa we have multi related bad governance problems which cut across hills and valleys of minds of people around the globe. I will suppose many problems are up and down, while others come in place of ignorance. Why do I say this? Bad governance, we live in a time where we should have a changed constitution which can help develop the grassroot communities than having bureaucratic situations where misappropriation of funds starts at the top going down. When the Government announce an increase of GPD and this not felt by the local man, why?
      So, what went wrong in our leadership and our people? The country needs to invest is not only technology, but also people. In the past buying a machine was the ultimate investment, but now government and private organizations, all over the world are putting money on people to do cutting- research and come up with innovative.
      The third world very competitive and organizations workforce and knowledge base are a great asset. If technology has to work for us, the people must change their mind sets from a third world mentality to that of a first world.
      It is said that the problem is 20% technology and 80% cultural change. Technology must drive my vision 2014.  It is only then we begin to look like community admirals and if life getting better, any name of success will do in either 10 or less years.
      Sam.

      MBITA  040305-KENYA.
      Cell: +254 725 600 439
      FOSS ADMIRER