Re: [holistichelping] RE: [minciu_sodas_en] Organizing around Joy Tang of Accton and One Village Foundation

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      Hi Asif,

      This Wi-Max  looks interesting and if it is better than WiFI then something appropriate can be good. Tell me about this Wi-Max.
      Thanks
      Sam

      subscribe@... wrote:
      Hi everyone:

      I think that if we can get Wi-Max into Africa (which is measured in Km’s as opposed to Wi-Fi which is measured in meters) – we can link up a lot of rural neighborhoods in Africa to pipelines that go nearby the main cities. We also have satellite abilities in Kenya in the Rift Valley. There is fiber-optics at the Univ. of Nairobi , donated by the EU. But rural areas will stand a chance with Wi-Max, I believe.
      Asif.