Re: [holistichelping] Ateacher with Avision

  • tom ochuka
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2007
      Dear Andrius and Ms Lab TEAM,
      Isaac Adede is ateacher who learnt the sighuage and
      is now farming he and the group are ..doing the
      sunflower ,this crop is introduce in Ngere Ahero to
      help the community who are lowincome earners recently
      the brought apressing machine that will be preesing
      the oil.
      With this production the community arround will
      benefit they also provide seedsto thosewho register
      with the group.
      CONTACT
      ISAAC ADDEDE
      AIC NGERE
      P.O.BOX
      68 AHERO,
      KENYA.

      2 Mirriam 19yrs old is ayouth from Angoro village born
      deaf she lost both parents..to aroad accident.she
      visit homes to ask for seeds to plant in her family
      garden,
      She is producing cow pease and take to anearby awasi
      market.
      Her customersare mostly nuses who eork in Adispensary
      in Ahero.
      She has aplan to start apoultry farm to help her do
      tailorig couse and buy atailoring machine for
      livelihood.
      she can be contacted through
      DEAF IMPACT
      BOX 3100 KISUMU.

      GOD BLESS ALL
      TOM OCHUKA.

      === message truncated ===

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • samuel kongere
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2007

        Hi Tom,

        You are becoming much fantastic and I am really moved by this story. I will becoming later in the year at Rabour to take a colleague who is doing internship there, I would like to meet this man and get at least one story.

        Thanks! Maria wanted to pay for you at the e-learning conference but I still wait for the confirmation from their coordinator, if It is possible for them if you never registered. Did you register?. Even if you never registered we must meet in Nairobi after the E-learning with you, Ken Owino, Maria, David Mutua, Silvio and other two to strategies our regional network. I invite you to join our worknet for 'men without food' I know as A Lou you get the words well with meaning send a blank mail thro' Men Denyo at yahoo groups <mendenyo@yahoogroups.com

        I wish you a wonderful may Day for workers
        Sam
        tom ochuka <tomochuka@...> wrote:
        Dear Andrius,Janet and all in the forum,
        I must come up today after several travels to meetr
        the deaf in the field,my work is still limited becaus
        of lack of acomp.
        well this time on my food stories is in Ahero
        kochogo..here is Adhier born deaf and went to School
        in sikri he learn Agricultu he is now producing to
        matoes ans sell them in Ahero . Its quite tiresome but
        he muct do it since h rents aroom and pay for
        electricity. This money has helped him..so much..we ar
        trying to keep him awayrom the local btew affecting
        his life..He is streesd because he is deaf so he tries
        to take this drnk to forget his phisical challenge.

        Near the Railway line west of kisumu..is Nyamongo 40
        yrs and single he has tried to get married 3times but
        they live him because h is deaf howver he is aproducwr
        pf onoins he is suplying in kibuye this is abig market
        io Eafrica..with this money he rentsaroom.. he is
        limitd in that he needs abike to supply this proceds
        the little can only pay rent..he plants the Grass
        onion.

        Iam impreesd with afamily of Wachara ..he cant remmber
        Exact date of births as he was born hearing but lost
        the parents ...he keeps pigs this man is wonderfull he
        is also ashoe repairer he laernt in adeaf school..I
        hope we shall have him mor e in my food stories.
        He only sell pigs that are grown up tp the butchers
        recently he enjoyed abig boost sine many peopleDID NOT
        TAKE OTHER MEET DUE TO RVF..CAUSED BUT OTHER MEET.
        He is maried nad keeps his family.

        THANKS
        TOM OCHUKA.

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/holistiche lping/message/ 907

> [...]
        > learn how to do
        > this. That is why it's important to work slowly.
        >
        > All of these are resources for future work. We
        > should think carefully
        > before applying this money. What are the projects
        > at our lab that we
        > can support? What is the best way for them to
        > overlap?
        >
        > For example, my plan is that Surya Rao Maturu in
        > India will take the
        > lead to coordinate our work on collecting "shoe
        > stories" in Africa and
        > to help Christine Ax decide where in our network in
        > Africa she might
        > best send her shoe production machine. Each of our
        > African researchers
        > can send as many shoe stories as they think would be
        > helpful. But we're
        > not paying for them to collect these stories.
        > Instead, we will think of
        > other projects, or a mixture of projects.
        >
        > It's very important that these projects relate to
        > their personal
        > interests. For example, Fred, you wrote wonderfully
        > about your
        > interests in Internet centers but also beekeeping.
        > How would you
        > connect that with your deepest value?
        > "always thinking of being helpful person to the
        > needy and we make a
        > better future and better world"
        > and your investigatory questions?
        > "How one can get success in life and get rid of
        > problems that makes him
        > have no god future both on earth and heaven?"
        > "What should be the right procedures of spreading
        > the gospel?"
        > What might they have to do with Internet centers and
        > beekeeping?
        > That is very important for us to "meet you halfway"
        > and hold you
        > accountable for your growth!
        >
        > Also, the Internet costs so much in Africa that we
        > will learn to get the
        > most for our money, for example, we can create ways
        > to download all the
        > letters from our lab to a flash drive. Let's write
        > what would be
        > useful. It's not that hard for me to program that.
        > Let's make sure that
        > we each have our own computers so that we don't have
        > to sit too long in
        > the Internet cafes. And lets learn to think deeply
        > without computers,
        > too! And to work on-the-ground but know that we are
        > connected.
        >
        > I also sent
        > 400 USD to SashaMrkailo in Serbia
        > for his assistance in April and May. Sasha is
        > active at our chat
        > channel http://www.worknets .org/chat/ and our wiki
        > http://www.worknets .org He is so helpful and this
        > is a great
        > opportunity to learn how to use our websites and to
        > get support for our
        > work on our pages for our projects. I encourage us
        > to ask for his
        > help. Let's experiment with what is most useful.

        === message truncated ===

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

        MBITA  040305-KENYA.