Myth of the lost tomb of Jesus.

  • nafsiafricaacro
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2007
      Serious reporting requires research and a genuine desire for seeking,
      finding, loving and disseminating the truth.

      I ask myself if this premise was taken into consideration when writing
      the article on the "found" tomb of Christ.
      Consider the following following facts:

      --More than 1,000 ossuaries (rests of bone) from that same period have
      been found in the last seven decades;

      --The names of the ossuaries have slight variations. This means that
      at the time of Christ, there were around a dozen of very common Jewish
      names that repeated themselves with all possible combinations. Among
      the most frequent names were: Simon/Simeon, John, Joseph, Jacob,
      Jude/Judas, Jesus/Joshua, Zachariah, Nathaniel, Elisha/Lazarus or
      Matthias. Common feminine names were even fewer and two-thirds of them
      are called Mary, Salome or Martha.

      --Due to the limited number of names available at the time of Christ,
      hundreds of discovered ossuaries contain all possible combinations:
      Matthias, bar (son of) John; Simon, son of Zachariah, etc.

      --In 1931, one of the unearthed ossuaries triggered a sort of
      upheaval. The tomb's inscription read: "Jesus son of Joseph." Some
      adventurers argued that this was Jesus Christ's tomb. However, as
      years went by, the statistics consolidated the fact that this could
      not be since a dozen ossuaries had been found with the same
      inscription ``Jesus, son of Joseph."

      Sensationalists and scandal lovers had to surrender the argument since
      it did not have any scientific base. Hence the argument put forward by
      James Cameron's documentary based on the Talpiot ossuary lacks
      scientific rigour and seriousness. Seen from a serious scientific
      point of view, the possibility of these bones having any relation
      whatsoever to Christ is null.

      Even more interesting is the fact that "Jesus" is still a common name
      in some languages as Hebrew (Joshua) and Spanish (Jes£s). I do not
      want to annoy anyone but I have a brother called Jes£s and one of my
      father's names is Joseph (José).

      I wonder if a few centuries down the line my brother's tomb may be
      found (Jes£s, hijo de José) and make it to world news relating my
      family to that of Christ. I like the idea!

      I also guess what would happen if a few centuries from now some bones
      are found in a tomb that reads "Wanjiku". "FEMALE NAME GIVEN TO ALL
      KENYANS COLLECTIVELY"

      According to Cameron's views, any "expert" could argue to have "found"
      the ossuaries of the author of our defunct and rejected constitution
      of Kenya draft.

      This is how absurd it all sounds. This is how we lie to ourselves and
      to the world when truth is not our real concern but money. Jesus is a
      name that sells.

      Dan Brown's fortune has grown exponentially, thanks to Jesus. Brown's
      current account is larger than Niger's for example. It is so big that
      he could afford to assemble a team with 11 David Beckhams, paying them
      what Galaxy is paying for the player. It is unfair, but it is true. We
      can expect more of this as Jesus' name keeps on selling. Hollywood has
      discovered it.

      Namaste,

      Ken Owino,
      Nafsi Africa acrobats-Kenya